Services and rates
Experience with a wide array of texts, usually with a scientific, technical or EU institutional slant
Juliet can handle anything from technical manuals to texts where style is the main consideration, having translated Fiat Group brochures and press releases for publication for over 30 years. Client-specific glossaries and termbases can be compiled.
Examples of document types include:
- user guides
- service bulletins
- press releases
- warranty/ordering software localisation
- human resource/training material, etc.
- use of EMA templates and authorised terminology for pharmaceutical translations
- EU reports
The use of SDL Trados Studio translation memory software allows cost savings for repetitive/previously translated text.
Large projects can be taken on for translation by a team. Juliet has plenty of experience of setting up and running such teams for large automotive projects, sometimes to very tight deadlines. Her contacts through professional networking and mentoring mean that she is in a particularly good position to identify and recruit suitable candidates.
Checking, revision, review and proofreading
Juliet works in accordance with ISO 17100:2015, when time and budget permits. All work is checked and then, rates and time permitting, most jobs are revised by a second translator. If required, work can also be reviewed and proofread. See the Quality page for definitions of the terms checking, revision, review and proofreading.
Juliet’s customary reviser is Jane Ashford MA, an experienced and qualified translator in her own right.
Each job is individually assessed. The usual variables to be considered are:
- level of service required (translation, revision, review, proofreading) – see the Quality page
- degree of repetition (determined using translation memory software)
- amount of text that can be recovered from previous texts translated using translation memory software
- 100% matches and repeated words are charged at 30% of the full rate
Quotes can be provided per word, per page of 1500 characters including spaces, or per line.
Please contact for rates.