Services and rates
Over a career spanning 28 years, Juliet has experience
with a large array of texts, usually with a scientific,
technical or EU institutional slant.
Juliet can handle anything from technical manuals to texts where style is the main consideration, having translated Fiat Group brochures and press releases for publication for nearly 30 years. Client-specific glossaries and termbases can be compiled.
Examples of document types include:
- user guides
- service bulletins
- press releases
- warranty/ordering software localisation
- human resource/training material, etc.
- transcribing and translating of audio tapes
- use of EMEA templates and authorised terminology for pharmaceutical translations
- EU reports
Text may be received, edited and delivered in most of the usual Mac and PC software formats.
The use of SDL Trados or MemoQ translation memory software allows cost savings for repetitive/previously translated text.
Large projects can be taken on for translation by a team. Juliet has plenty of experience of setting up and running such teams for large automotive projects, sometimes to very tight deadlines. Her contacts through professional networking and education mean that she is in a particularly good position to identify and recruit suitable candidates.
“Juliet Haydock is very reliable and capable of working to tight deadlines, while consistently delivering work to a high standard.” Italian Trade Commission
CHECKING, REVISION, REVIEW AND PROOFREADING
Juliet works in accordance with BS Standard EN-15038:2006, when time and budget permits. All work is checked and then, rates and time permitting, most jobs are revised by a second translator. If required, work can also be reviewed and proofread. See the Quality page for definitions of the terms checking, revision, review and proofreading.
Juliet’s customary proofreader is Jane Ashford MA, an experienced and qualified translator in her own right, who currently resides in Peru. The time difference between the UK and Peru has been a great advantage when, as if often the case, texts have to be translated and revised to tight deadlines.
Each job is individually assessed. The usual variables to be considered are:
- level of service required (translation, revision, review, proofreading) – see the Quality page
- degree of repetition (determined using translation memory software)
- amount of text that can be recovered from previous texts translated using translation memory software
As a rough guide, rates are:
- GBP 85–115 (EUR 95–130) + VAT per 1000 words
- 100% matches and repeated words are charged at 30% of the full rate
Quotes can also be provided per page of 1500 characters including spaces, or per line.